A New Generation of PTA Production with GT-PTA
Current purified terephthalic acid, or PTA, production technologies are known throughout the process industry as being derived from an original Amoco process, with very few significant changes having been added. Unlike these traditional methods, Sulzer GTC Technology’s GT-PTA family of processes has incorporated critical changes that place it as the forerunner of the next generation of PTA production.
- Relaxed oxidation temperature to reduce burning losses due to the purification section processing much higher 4-CBA content.
- No hydrogenation step needed in the purification section.
- Low T&P, no reactor, no catalyst, no compressor, and no special alloy needed in the purification section.
- 35% capital savings & 50% operating savings in the purification section compared to conventional processes.
- Capabilities for PTA and IPA co-production
Sulzer GTC offers Innovative Solutions for PTA service:
Want More Information?
Contact us to Speak to one of Our technical representatives.