GT-C5℠ is an optimized technology for producing valuable C5 and C10 components that are suitable for producing hydrocarbon resins.
The GT-C5 process consists of five operating steps:
- Fractionation to remove light boiling components;
- Two stage dimerization reaction for selective production of dicyclopentadiene (DCPD) and codimers;
- Fractionation section to remove crude isoprene and similar boiling components;
- Third stage selective dimerization reaction to enhance the DCPD yield;
- Fractionation section to produce piperylenes (PIPS) and DCPD suitable for hydrocarbon resin production.
- Proprietary staged dimerization process to gain more flexibility
- Capable of producing DCPD stream loaded with codimers to minimize external purchase for hydrocarbon resin production
- Flexibility to operate the unit to maximize the isoprene recovery
- Optimum energy scheme to produce piperylene stream rich in components that are ideally suited for C5 resin production
- Improved isoprene concentration in the crude isoprene stream
- Capability to produce up to 85% pure DCPD