Sr. Process Engineer – Advanced Distillation
Position Start Date: Immediately
Department: Advanced Distillation Systems
Reports To: Director, Technology, Advanced Distillation Systems
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Director, this mid-level position will be responsible for market analysis, conceptual proposal, technical and economic evaluation of process technologies, competitor assessment, marketing and presentation material preparation, technical partner relationships and coordination of in-house technical proposals preparation. Candidate must have prior experience in designing distillation and absorption columns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job will entail travel to clients’ production facilities and conference venues. The employee should be able to reasonably manage a travel schedule and adapt to different time zones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer, attend meetings, and travel to client sites. There are no anticipated demands to move or lift heavy objects, or require special physical training or skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptual proposal
- Technical and economic evaluation of advanced distillation and other similar process technologies
- Market assessment for technology licensing
- Customer visits to gather intelligence and to promote technology sales
- Give technical presentations at industry conferences
- Preparation of presentation materials, proposal development, technical papers, and utility patents.
- Provide data, information and support to engineering team to prepare BEP (Basic Engineering Package) for Dividing Wall Column related projects
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in engineering with background in process design or a related field
- Required experience in conceptual proposals, feasibility studies, support of BEP Execution projects
- Previous experience in Dividing Wall Columns technology is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of process simulation tools such as SimSci PRO II, Aspen, Hysys
- Knowledge of process design related standards
- Familiarity with entire Microsoft Office package
- Good knowledge of other process design software (HTRI, B-Jac, etc.)
- Able to assimilate in-house process design calculation tools and spreadsheets
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language. Should have general language skills (reading and basic conversation) in a secondary language.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Understanding of the cultural norms for doing business across the globe.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiar with process simulation software.
Certificates and Licenses
GTC offers an outstanding benefits package that will be discussed during the interviewing process.
How to Apply
Send a resume to Kay Stevens at email@example.com. Enter ‘Sr. Process Engineer’ in the subject line.